Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mid-week Rant

Since moving in we’ve been Comcast subscribers for our TV service. We just get basic expanded cable. The channel selection isn’t as good as the Dish Network’s though. We gave up SciFi, Bravo, Speed. I’m sure there were more but those were the important ones for me. Losing SciFi meant giving up Battlestar Galactica. Giving up Speed meant giving up F1. And giving up Bravo meant giving up Top Chef.

About a year ago we got our big screen LCD and we upgraded our cable to HD. Little did I know that although I still couldn’t get Speed, Bravo and SciFi in standard def I could at least get Bravo in Hi def. And I only discovered this recently, thus reuniting me with Top Chef.

Top Chef is one of my favorite shows. I love the concept and presentation. The host is model Padma Lakshmi, who is absolutely gorgeous. It’s co-hosted by chef Tom Colicchio, who has at least two restaurants in the Las Vegas MGM Grand. I love his no-bullshit critiques of the chefs and their creations.

Funny story, on our last visit to Vegas together Karen and I were enjoying a meal at the MGM Grand’s buffet. BTW, the quality of the food at the buffet was second to none. I left to go to the restroom and apparently while I was gone Tom Colicchio showed up. A few people recognized him and got to take pictures with him, but, of course, by the time I got back he was gone.

On the home front, Imani has decided to leave as well. There’s a whole bunch I have to say about what Caprisha did to voice her displeasure with my parenting but I’ll keep those shitty things to myself. Fuck ‘em all, I say. This is the perfect excuse to cut ALL OF THEM off as far as I’m concerned, so I’m happy all this drama has happened.

On a happier note Karen and I will be headed to Hawaii next month to attend my Auntie Brenda’s wedding. This I’m really looking forward to. I’ll get to see cousins, uncles, and aunties I haven’t seen in over 20 years. One thing I definitely have to do there is visit the office of Dog the Bounty Hunter.

No comments: